Administrator

Handley Page Harrow

During WWII the Harrow was used from 1940 to 1944 by No.271 in the troop transport and ambulance roles. Originally based at Doncaster, Yorks it later moved to Down Ampney, Gloucestershire, in February 1944, by this time only a single flight was still equipped with the Harrow. Aircraft of this type alongwith the squadron's Dakotas participated in the ill-fated Arnhem operation in September 1944.

Handley Page Harrow
Administrator, Mar 25, 2006