The 640 hp Jumo 210C powered Ju-87A entered Luftwaffe service in early 1937, but at an early stage it was found that sufficient availability of the more powerful 1,200 hp Jumo 211Da fuel injected engine allowed for an opportunity for a major redesign. This resulted in the Ju-87B which became available in the late spring of 1938. Production then switched from the Junker's Dessau factory to their Berlin-Templehof factory. Only the wings and horizontal tail services remained unchanged. The underpowered Ju-87A had only been capable of lifting a 1,102 lb bomb when flown as a single seater.