Vickers Wellington Mk.IA
Shown here is Wellington Mk.IA (N2887) of the CGS (Central Gunnery Scchool) based at Sutton Bridge flying south-east of Chatteris, 24th June, 1943. N2887 started out with No.99 Sqd based at Mildenhall. Retired from ops it later served with Nos. 11 and 15 OTUs, then the AAS (Air Armament School), then with the CGS from 6th April, 1942 to 23rd February, 1944. It was then despatched to the Far East, where it finished its days and was SOC (Struck Of Charge) on 26th April, 1945.