Recent content by BiffF15

  1. BiffF15

    Jets and aircraft after the Cold War

    Long live the king!
  2. BiffF15

    Pictures of Cold War aircraft.

    Shot missiles at one or two of those… “FOX FOX”!
  3. BiffF15

    Jets and aircraft after the Cold War

    I bacon'd it! Those jets were post my Crow / Gorilla time (92-97). I flew mostly 85 and 86 tails but they were shuffled off to Mt Home (86's for JTIDS installation), Lakenheath(86 & 85s) and Elmendorf (85s and first AESA installation). Looking again at the photo those appear to be demo jets...
  4. BiffF15

    The Great P-47 Range Debate on you tube now.

    Are you talking nautical or statue miles?
  5. BiffF15

    Pictures of Cold War aircraft.

    Anyone know what “pods” they are carrying?
  6. BiffF15

    Pictures of Cold War aircraft.

    On display at Wright Patterson AFB.
  7. BiffF15

    The Great P-47 Range Debate on you tube now.

    With “Eternal tanks” range won’t be a limiting factor… 🥳
  8. BiffF15

    Pictures of Cold War aircraft.

    It smells good too!
  9. BiffF15

    Pictures of Cold War aircraft.

    Probably flew a few of those.
  10. BiffF15

    Best strafing aircraft in WWII???

    I guess I’m looking at it from the perspective of what are you destroying? Troops in the open then frag bombs or daisy cutters might work better. But if I’m going after trains, light armored vehicles (half tracks, transport trucks, kubelwagons / jeeps), gun emplacements etc I think a gun nosed...
  11. BiffF15

    Best strafing aircraft in WWII???

    And exactly what was going to be strafed with this thing? You will have to fly directly over the target, you’re a large aircraft, and attacking (I’m assuming) land targets. No other country had this set up and probably for a good reason. The gun nosed B-25s and A-26s (particularly in the SWP...
  12. BiffF15

    Pictures of Cold War aircraft.

    2nd Tactical Fighter Training Squadron
  13. BiffF15

    Could the Bf 109 E really out-turn the Spitfire Mk I?

    Front aspect shots become more dangerous the closer to your opponent's nose you get. In training we were not allowed gun shots inside (or at greater than 13 aspect) due to closure rates and the high probability of a collision. We had dome sims back in the day where you could "practice" taking...
  14. BiffF15

    Could the Bf 109 E really out-turn the Spitfire Mk I?

    While you don’t instantly get a round out of the M61 cannon, you can and we did squeeze the trigger before the pipper was on target. You can see the pipper trending towards the target, squeeze, and continue your pull to get pipper on (with both arriving simultaneously in a perfect world). You...
  15. BiffF15

    Could the Bf 109 E really out-turn the Spitfire Mk I?

    Greg, A couple of questions. First, how do the slats on the Bf109 keep the airflow attached to the ailerons? Second, does your normal fighter weight for the Bf109 have him at half fuel weight (normal fuel quantity for having crossed the channel? Third, do the ailerons droop on the 109 with...
Back