1/48 Mirage PZL 37 "Los" and Vacu PZL 46 "Sum"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ohm-men

Senior Airman
Jan 11, 2014
Antwerp
Here are some pics of my two PZL models that I build many, many years ago. I'm guessing 15 years ago...

The PZL 37 B "Los" is from Mirage and I clearly remember that it wasn't the easiest kit to build...
I bought it when it came out and build it straight from the box. However, during a move, I lost the bomb doors and the a machine gun from the aft defence position.
I Always wanted to do the "A" version with the single tail as well, bet never got arround it.
I choose to model "72.225" as it had the fox with the glasses on it's fuselage.
I still think the PZL 37 is one of the most beautiful bombers of the late 30's as it has such elegant lines.

The PZL 46 "Sum" is from a unknown Vacu kit. In fact I got this kit from the guys who sold me the Mirage PZL 37. Even back then nobody was interested in these old vacu kits.
It was a breeze to build and the most easy vacu kit I ever build and also my first one.
Back then, there was very little info availble on this particular aircraft, so I based the interior and colours used on the PZL 43 "Karas" who the PZL 46 was intended to replace. As the the vacu armament was not useble, I decided to leave it out.

PZL 37

PZL 46 "Sum"

Great job, especially on "Sum"- laborious vacu (by the way, sum in polish means catfish).
1:72 PZL 37 "Los" by Polish manufacturer "IBG models" is coming soon:
IBG Models - 1/72 Aircraft
I have one IBG model- PZL 23 "Karas"- still in box, but looks more than good!.

Users who are viewing this thread