1/48 Monogram F-105D Takhli (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Clean up of the rest of the parts went good . When I went to clip the burner ring it cracked but was fixed with super glue . Tight fit slidding the burning can in so I did some sanding on it so it would slide easier once painted.

View attachment 764627IMG_5454 by b007scott, on Flickr





Brian
Wow! Nice job on the plate.
 
Spent the night cleaning up the wings. Sprayed Mr color finishing surfacer 1500 primer . . Next i'll make my interior wheel well green mix with Tamiya paints . Then a wash will be applied . So I will be working on the wings next few days .


53555884162_6a55f01246_3k.jpg
IMG_5596 by b007scott, on Flickr



53556732416_b6e728393e_3k.jpg
IMG_5597 by b007scott, on Flickr



53557073674_b44a888ee3_3k.jpg
IMG_5598 by b007scott, on Flickr



53556732491_842e76b217_3k.jpg
IMG_5599 by b007scott, on Flickr



53557186435_6c6cae88ba_3k.jpg
IMG_5600 by b007scott, on Flickr



53556732391_594766bb42_3k.jpg
IMG_5601 by b007scott, on Flickr



Brian
 
Last edited:
Spent the last few days spraying paint on the wheel wells and tires . For the wheel well color its mix of tamiya XF-5 green , XF-3 yellow and XF-4 yellow green. I hand painted some details on the wing wheel wells . Wash is the Future floor wax mixed with water and drop of Tamiya flat black . Slopped it on the wheel hubs and wheel wells . I'll let it dry for a few days then spray nsome clear flat . once done I'll glues the fings together .

53561364302_7a8617ed7b_3k.jpg
IMG_5631 by b007scott, on Flickr

53564632150_7bc503a889_3k.jpg
IMG_5661 by b007scott, on Flickr

53564223011_9574593dcb_3k.jpg
IMG_5662 by b007scott, on Flickr

53564632175_d7722ee654_3k.jpg
IMG_5655 by b007scott, on Flickr

53564384553_e3ef950625_3k.jpg
IMG_5654 by b007scott, on Flickr

53563337707_9ace86f775_3k.jpg
IMG_5657 by b007scott, on Flickr

53565149101_d75129fb3a_3k.jpg
IMG_5667 by b007scott, on Flickr

Brian
 
Last edited:
Tonight on the Republic Thud channel . Wheel wells sprayed with clear flat . Then I weathered them with some dry brushing with Tamiya Yellow Green and Model Master Silver . Now to assembl;e the wings next .

53567727482_e94e837c4d_3k.jpg
IMG_5711 by b007scott, on Flickr

53567726317_a0e5011edc_3k.jpg
IMG_5710 by b007scott, on Flickr

53568576241_5374331748_3k.jpg
IMG_5709 by b007scott, on Flickr

53567726322_5d75c41b69_3k.jpg
IMG_5708 by b007scott, on Flickr

53567726387_a7ea33657d_3k.jpg
IMG_5707 by b007scott, on Flickr

53568899064_5081948c22_3k.jpg
IMG_5706 by b007scott, on Flickr

Brian
 
Spent the last couple of days workinhg on the ejection seat. Seat is from the out of production seamless suckers resin intakes . I also had to go back and paint the backside of the wingspare . Now i can glue the wings together .

53575852908_41fd4c0920_3k.jpg
IMG_5761 by b007scott, on Flickr

53574776717_c3cced024c_3k.jpg
IMG_5760 by b007scott, on Flickr

53575968544_c2782bbb62_3k.jpg
IMG_5759 by b007scott, on Flickr

53575852998_d015f8be13_3k.jpg
IMG_5756 by b007scott, on Flickr

53575968564_e051869bac_3k.jpg
IMG_5757 by b007scott, on Flickr

53575641881_d19c7d123d_3k.jpg
IMG_5754 by b007scott, on Flickr

53575968689_8d9581d1ff_3k.jpg
IMG_5755 by b007scott, on Flickr

Brian
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back