Nice work so far!
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules
Well done !![]()
Really nice, well done
incredible work man
![]()
![]()
![]()
Thank you guys for your like!Nice work so far!
Thank you very much for the reminding β this is indeed an easily overlooked detail. I'm curious how this wear formed; could it be the high-speed airflow at the blade tips?Very nice. If you are interested in propeller wear on the 109s, it was very common that the backs of the metal blades were worn to the base metal toward the tips. Like so:
View attachment 884320
View attachment 884321View attachment 884322
I suspect it has to do with the lower pressure on the rear of the blades - there very thing that makes a propeller propel. The moving air would also bring with it any dust particles that would effectively sandblast the coating. The effect would be more pronounced at the tips, which would see higher speeds.Thank you very much for the reminding β this is indeed an easily overlooked detail. I'm curious how this wear formed; could it be the high-speed airflow at the blade tips?
Thank you! That makes sense, I'll add this to the propellers.I suspect it has to do with the lower pressure on the rear of the blades - there very thing that makes a propeller propel. The moving air would also bring with it any dust particles that would effectively sandblast the coating. The effect would be more pronounced at the tips, which would see higher speeds.
In any case, it's an easy effect to replicate with the airbrush.
Thank you very much for you like!Amazing job Weizenbrot.
Like WOW!!!![]()