Tamiya 1:48 Nakajima A6M2-N Kit #61016

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Waiting for decal to settle, I removed and painted the exhausts; mounting them shortly. While removing them I noticed the boarding ladder. I'm not going to mount it on the model but it got me to thinking, if its not mounted to the aircraft, was there a place for it on the dolly. I went through a few books with lots of Rufes on the dollies. Any picture that didn't show the ladder attached to the aircraft didn't show the ladder anywhere around the aircraft. If I wanted to be efficient in the way back when, I would install hooks on the wooden uprights and hang the ladder there when not in use. I guess I'll just lay it on the A-frame as shown

IMG_0019.JPG
 
Good work Geo. How did the tent work out? I'd have slit the sucker with a scalpel long ago and touch-up painted.
 
Thanks Andy. I almost got it down to perfect but not quite. I hit it three times with as hot as I could handle hot water on a paper towel and pressed down gently but firmly, let it rest and hit it twice more. I'll pop up a photo shortly. Decals are done on the trolley and six to do on the prop blades
 
Started weathering. Any panel line "staining" is real light so I used this. Similar to Tamiya but its oil based I believe. Spend about two minutes applying and remove immediately. I use odourless paint thinner and lady Q-tips. Any staining left over was intentional.


IMG_0040.JPG


IMG_0046.JPG

​
Tamiya has both raised and recessed panel lines which I though were odd but it is that way

Screenshot 2026-08-21 113757.png
 
Started tother side and thought I would show how much I work with at a time and then remove immediately after applying. Could probably do the whole wing but this works for me

IMG_0047.JPG

​
While applying the panel liner I noticed that there were incomplete panel lines. I'll let this dry and scribe them in

IMG_0048.JPG
 
nice work!

I need to get some of those lady q-tips
Thanks Steve. Whenever I hit a drug store I go to the lady section and wipe out their stock. What I did above took four sticks. The stick seems to know when its time to swap ends or use a new one as it won't remove any more. As I mentioned else where, Tamiya sells the same thing for a lot more and you a only get 25 in a pack. Panel lines have been scribed and one less session on the upper wing
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back