Tamiya 1:48 Nakajima A6M2-N Kit #61016 (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. I tried to capture how it actually looked using different exposure settings and after 10 shots that was the best and its darker in real time. I had to fix some seams any how so a re-spray was in order. All is not lost though. While continuing my search for that clear sheet I found this. Ignore the colour. I didn't feel like screwing around with settings and its closer to hinomaru colour than show and it goes by the colour name of........Red Primer

IMG_3980.JPG

​
I just need a better sharpener to make a finer point and I can use this around panel lines and showing wear
 
Good progress Geo. Jays are recently playing over .500 against teams higher up the standings so can't complain. As long as it's not the start of another slide.

Totally agree Andy. Its just disheartening to watch the first pitch float across the middle of the plate and then the Jays swing at everything outside the box. Last year they were the best first pitch hitting team
 
After I gloss coated, me and the missus walked up town. I mentioned that I wanted to get a new pencil sharpener in PG next week so I can get a finer point on my pencils: the two I have just don't do it. She said I should get an eye-liner pencil sharpener and at first I pooh-pooed her but gave in. This isn't the final point, I just wanted to post a result

IMG_0003.JPG

​
A comparison with what I normally end up with, its been used two or three times

IMG_0004.JPG
 
I will be moist and less tame. Deecals begin. I will be doing Ǝ-180 because of the backwards E and the 80 on the float tip. My weapons of choice for the Tamiya bullet proof decals are Markfit Strong and Super Strong. Five minutes of Strong have shown no movement but I will give it a bit more time before applying the Super Strong 💪

IMG_0008.JPG
 
Three coats of Super Strong and two coats of Solvaset; they didn't budge. Life is too short so I'm moving on. Left side done. I looked at the instructions for Markfit Strong and it can be used as a setting solution as well so I applied that first. While moving the decals into position, I placed some more over them; sitting a bit better. I'll go down in a bit to see what's happening. Tamiya suggests using the wing Hinomaru with the white outline. The white outline, according to j-aircraft.com, came into use from a directive issued by the Imperial Japanese Naval Headquarters, dated 3 July 1943. This aircraft served at the Flight Testing Dept., Naval Air Technical Institute, Yokosuka Naval Air Group, 1942-1943. It would have arrived with the earlier style and may or may not have later change over. Most photos of early camouflage show the early style....so be it

IMG_0011.JPG

​
Tenting to be dealt with. I'll try solutions first and will probably end up using a clothe soaked in hot water

IMG_0013.JPG
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back