Tamiya 1:48 Nakajima A6M2-N Kit #61016 (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Finally accomplished something. Tamiya XF12 J.N. Grey over Vallejo Chipping Medium. A bit more came of than I wanted on the right but c'est la vie. Let it set up and gloss. Still masking the clear parts with their 254 frames

IMG_3975.JPG


IMG_3978.JPG


IMG_3979.JPG
 
Thank you gentlemen. Only 73 clear panels to mask now. In the meantime I painted the inside of the cowling. Can't remember which Japanese aviation site I was on, maybe Nick Millman"s, but it was mentioned that the inside was either NMF, black or Aotaki. Aotaki was said to be either greenish, bluish or both, depending on how it was applied and weathered. Sooooo, accepting the challenge, I chose the latter in both options. Weapons of choice were: Tamiya X11 Chrome Silver, Clear Green and Gunze Clear Blue, 4/3/3. The water cup I use to clean out the dropper and gives me an idea of what the final colour will look like. I need a white cup to be honest. I have several that come from the wife's laundry soap bottles but no white

IMG_0058.JPG

​
Colour in la palette....

IMG_0059.JPG

​
.....and inside the cowling. The engine covers the rest nicely

IMG_0060.JPG


​
 
Thanks guys. One week, 253 clear panels and 3564 pieces of tape later, its finished. I think I bought the masking fluid last century. This has been very frustrating with one eye; four or more attempts to stick the tape where I want it. The fuselage antenna has to be mounted first and then the canopy slides over it and is mounted, very future breaky breaky. Wings and stabs to be attached tomorrow

IMG_0062.JPG
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back