Tamiya 1:48 Nakajima A6M2-N Kit #61016 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Interesting it went to the plastic. I gloss coated my Tamiya paints with Future on my Stuka, then hairsprayed, then Tamiya white, then chipped. No issues.

14111607-jpg.jpg


Back to your regularly scheduled programming.
 
Interesting it went to the plastic. I gloss coated my Tamiya paints with Future on my Stuka, then hairsprayed, then Tamiya white, then chipped. No issues.



Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Just finished reading about gloss coating. I may have let the paint dry too long as well; dry to the touch instead of an hour
 
Thank you, Jesse. I won't need any for a while now. On top of three appointments next week I need to restock a lot of paint. And now we come to one of the reasons I built the beaching trolley first. The secondary struts for the main float were a bit of a loose fit so I needed to make sure that they would line up with the two holes in the wings; you can just make out an attachment point at the rear of the wing

IMG_3974.JPG
 
Thank you, Jesse. I won't need any for a while now. On top of three appointments next week I need to restock a lot of paint. And now we come to one of the reasons I built the beaching trolley first. The secondary struts for the main float were a bit of a loose fit so I needed to make sure that they would line up with the two holes in the wings; you can just make out an attachment point at the rear of the wing

That looks pretty cool as is.
 
Well.....if this isn't a swift kick in the nads. Put a coat of Future on yesterday morning and a half hour ago put a thin coat of hairspray over the painted area. Went down 10 minutes ago and was floored; through the Future and paint down to plastic. Time to step back and reassess my life for a few years

IMG_0052.JPG

​
Actually, I'm going to see what I have that removes all three layers plus a layer of tears. If not, I paint over everything and use Vallejo. Its odd as the hairspray never reacted during my test above
 
So weird. That's never happened to me but glad you got it sorted. You got lucky but nail polish remover, if left on plastic too long, will make it gummy.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back