Tamiya 1:48 Bf109G-6

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you very much for the reminding β€” this is indeed an easily overlooked detail. I'm curious how this wear formed; could it be the high-speed airflow at the blade tips?
I suspect it has to do with the lower pressure on the rear of the blades - there very thing that makes a propeller propel. The moving air would also bring with it any dust particles that would effectively sandblast the coating. The effect would be more pronounced at the tips, which would see higher speeds.

In any case, it's an easy effect to replicate with the airbrush.
 
I suspect it has to do with the lower pressure on the rear of the blades - there very thing that makes a propeller propel. The moving air would also bring with it any dust particles that would effectively sandblast the coating. The effect would be more pronounced at the tips, which would see higher speeds.

In any case, it's an easy effect to replicate with the airbrush.
Thank you! That makes sense, I'll add this to the propellers.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back