1/48 Yak-7B Andrey Petrovich Chernobay

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jamoliva

Airman 1st Class
Feb 7, 2016
Northeastern Pennsylvania
Finally I was able to finish this model. It is an ARK model which is based on older the ICM kit but of a lesser quality in my opinion. Not a perfect one, of course, and it has some errors but I think it turned out to be an OK representation of Chernobay's aircraft from December 1942. I used Vallejo Air VVS colors AMT-4/6/7. It is weathered by archival ink pens and AK pencils. I photographed it in daylight. I hope you like it.

I used the photos on following references:
Чернобай Андрей Петрович - Советские асы. Герои воздушных войн 1936-1953 гг.
Чернобай Андрей Петрович - советский военный летчик Герой Советского Союза - Красные соколы. Русские авиаторы летчики-асы 1914-1953

Yak-7B_Chernobay_2.jpg
Yak-7B_Chernobay_3.jpg
Yak-7B_Chernobay_4.jpg
Yak-7B_Chernobay_6.jpg
Yak-7B_Chernobay_5.jpg
Yak-7B_Chernobay_9.jpg
Yak-7B_Chernobay_10.jpg
Yak-7B_Chernobay_8.jpg
Yak-7B_Chernobay_7.jpg
Yak-7B_Chernobay_11.jpg
Yak-7B_Chernobay_12.jpg

Thank you very much! I agree. The colors seem to be accurate. However, they are a bit dark when first applied. I guess colors are modelled after factory finish. Just like I did for AMT-11 and 12, I weathered the paint job a little with a matt varnish and highly thinned filter to give them a faded look.

A very nice model. The fit of the removable parts is impressive.

Thank you! The removable parts surprisingly fit well. The only thing is that the top part of the engine compartment (the rib) should not be glued. There is a place that you can click it in. That way you can remove it and place the cowling in its place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back