109D Drawings?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You are helpful with the pics. These images with the crashed Yellow 12 reveal that there could be more inspection hatches on the undersides. Also the shots confirm the layout of the hatches for the earlier Bf 109s generally.

The "Yellow 10"
yellow 10.jpg

The "Yellow 12"
yellow 12_1.jpg

yellow12_2.jpg

The pic with the " Yellow 10 " looks really fine. There can be noticed the inspection hatches on the undersides. The "Black/Red 1" is actually, useless I would say. The third shot is good but a little too small to notice the details.
Here is the large one .... what a pity the wing tip was damaged. It could help to state if the ailleron outer tip was paraller to the centerline or not. However it can be noticed that there was an inspection round hatch at the place where the balkenkreuz is painted. There isn't any round hatch at the leading adge next to the slat. The plate there was bent and if there would be the round one as the drawings suggested it should be seen. The another one that can be found is the one at the wing tip. But you have to look close enough to see this. So there is only one hatch between the MG hatch and the wing tip. This indicates that the fourth drawing of the wing which seems to be correct.

View attachment 624177
the pic source: Messerschmitt Bf 109D1 Stkz VB+NR landing mishap showing wing structural damage 01
I agree with your analysis, will take it to heart!
notice how the hatch at the tip seems surface mounted?
might fill the lines there and use a round stencil and some primer for the superthin effect.

You are helpful with the pics. These images with the crashed Yellow 12 reveal that there could be more inspection hatches on the undersides. Also the shots confirm the layout of the hatches for the earlier Bf 109s generally.

The "Yellow 10"

The "Yellow 12"
thanks for your additions, noticed another thing, were the eyebolts always fitted?

Now for a more contentious question.....colour!
I cannot go from this (the aircraft I'm making):
Bf109D-1 6-79 WNr655 3.J88 Luchs Oblt Werner Molders 98 (1).jpg

to RLM63....it just looks too dark!
was the paint bad quality or something?

Sounds good. But a question though.. if these were the indentical colours why there are two RLM numbers ?

It's OK Geo. Just if Germans had two the same coats why they used two different numbers. Knowing their passion for die Ordnung I doubt they would follow that way

rlm02.jpg
rlm63-jpg.jpg

PS.... Eduard suggests FS 36375 - MMP 073 paint or Gunze H or C 308 for their Legion Condor Bf 109E in 1/32 scale... while AML - FS 36307

36375.jpg
36307.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back