130 or 350 Sqn aircraft serial (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rochie

Staff
Mod
ok bit of a long shot here but am looking for the serial number of a Spitfire XIV from 350 Sqn coded MN R.

350 Sqn handed its XIV's to 130 Sqn who repainted the MN serials with AP and it seems left the individual aircraft codes as they were !

AP R are my Daughter's initials so it would be nice to have my Spitfire XIV kit done as AP R from 130 Sqn but i would like to add the serial if possible

anybody have any info on 130 Sqn which i know is a little scarce or even 350 Sqn who were better covered ?

thanks

Karl

ok upon further research i have found 3 Spitfire XIV's coded MN R.

NH661 09/08/44 ??/??/?? MN-R
NH690 09/11/44 /05/45 MN-R Sold to BAF (SG-114)
RM648 18/01/45 /05/45 MN-R

my best guess is NH661 was moved to 130 Sqn and re coded AP R as the other 2 were on 350 Sqn strength after the August swap with 130 Sqn.

ok bit of a long shot here but am looking for the serial number of a Spitfire XIV from 350 Sqn coded MN R.

350 Sqn handed its XIV's to 130 Sqn who repainted the MN serials with AP and it seems left the individual aircraft codes as they were !

AP R are my Daughter's initials so it would be nice to have my Spitfire XIV kit done as AP R from 130 Sqn but i would like to add the serial if possible

anybody have any info on 130 Sqn which i know is a little scarce or even 350 Sqn who were better covered ?

thanks

Karl

I like that Karl. When my daughters were little, I put their initials on spitfires but they were purely fictitious, 203sqn flying bombers and 184sqn flying a different Mark. It made them happy though.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back