15mm Drilling (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Erich

the old Sage
May 20, 2004
Platonic Sphere
Guys, anyone if you would please give me a run down as to what units had this weapon at their disposal and ............ well whatever you can fill in ? thought it served in all the branches of the Wehrmacht

l35017f25oa.gif

sd251x21c_1.gif

have seen this thing motor down the rds in the old Deutsche Wochenschau news reels of 1945

both AA and as ground support, many times the protective shielding was removed

Michael many thanks for the links. Let me say the Luftwaffe never went over to 3cm mounts for ground to ground or ground to air useage. air to air ........... yes and the Mk 103 for ground attack from A/C

Michael many thanks for the links. Let me say the Luftwaffe never went over to 3cm mounts for ground to ground or ground to air useage. air to air ........... yes and the Mk 103 for ground attack from A/C

May also say, that that is not the whole truth?
the germans did make use of the 4 cm Bofors (captured in noticeable numbers on the Low Lands and France campaign, 1940) and they also developed a 5cm AA but only used it very limitedly. But ofcourse you are right, if you limit your saying to the Luftwaffe. But don't foget that the majority of the heavy Flak (88, 105 and 128mm) was with the Lw and they all could be involved in ground battles.

And the MG 151/15 and /20 were also use for ground attack in this version:
MG 151 auf "Erdkampflafette" (wheeled).

Regards
Christian M. Aguilar

welcome Chris good to see you here

yes my remarks were only for the 3cm weapons, planned but not in effect.

4cm very popular in 44-45 with the Kriegsmarine on their shipping

Users who are viewing this thread

Back