1911 handgun blueprints

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

johnchanlon

Airman
Dec 14, 2008
johnchanlon.com
Hi all,

Not sure if anyone is interested but found these today and thought I would post them.

John.

Attachments

• 1911 complete blueprints.PDF
    3.2 MB · Views: 388
Thanks johnchanlon for your fantastic post!

It reminds me of the days when I was a rifle competition shooter here in Japan and enjoyed handgun shootings in California thirty years ago. The 1911 "Colt Government" was very heavy for me to handle though I loved its sophisticated mechanism which still fascinates me.

Hi Folks,

I have both volumes of Jerry Kuhnhausen's books about the M1911 if there are specific details you might be interested in. I have also had a fair amount of success in messing around with this class of pistol.

Hey Shinpachi, what kind of rifle competition were you involved in?

- Ivan.

Hey Shinpachi, what kind of rifle competition were you involved in?
- Ivan.

Sorry Ivan. I haven't noticed your post for hal a year!!!

Started from .177 cal air-rifle(Walther made in Germany), I went into .22 for the rifle shooting competition.
My final dream was to afford some real handguns legally in Japan because hi-class rifle shooters
were allowed to apply handgun to the police. Permission was limited for 50 shooters only, though.

One day, I noticed - "Why don't I go to the United States? It's free to shoot them there."
I went there immediately:)

thanks JC for posting the blueprints. I had a copy of them but in a moment of digital dyslexia accidentaly erased them along with the working drawings I was making from them. I intend making a replica 1911 firing .22cal.
For now its back to the drawing board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back