418TH NFS B-25H.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

barneybolac

Airman 1st Class
Dec 11, 2008
USA
I was wondering if any one had some additional information on these planes I have a couple of books that make reference show photos of these aircaft. Queen of the midnight skies as well as B-25 Mitchell the ultimate look. Any other pictures would be great. Thanks.

I was wondering if any one had some additional information on these planes I have a couple of books that make reference show photos of these aircaft. Queen of the midnight skies as well as B-25 Mitchell the ultimate look. Any other pictures would be great. Thanks.

Would you post some of the pictures you have? Thank you!

Venganza

Thank you for the pictures barnybolac! And thank you Micdrow, for the link to the pictures and schematics of the B-25. Once again, great work!

Venganza

Thanks for the link Micdrow appreciate it. I am looking to do a skin for a combat sim using the 418TH B25H. There is some question as to the colour of these planes some sources list them as all black others as standard OD/NG. The colour photos are a little to grainey to be sure the black white pictures I cant see a line where the two colour's meet. Also this squadron ditched the 75mm placed two 50 cals in it's place. Also they did away with the top turret these are the only b25h's that added a co pilot.

I dont remember what squadron this paint job reprecents but I took these a at least 3 to 4 years ago at the EAA. Hope they help.

Attachments

• Scan0001.jpg
    Scan0001.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 203
That one is already in the sim here is a picture of it in the game. Thank you though.

Thanks for the post. I was asking about B-25H used as night fighters in an earlier thread. The little information I had said they were painted all black. I did not know that the top turrent was removed.

DBII

FYI, that is masking tape around the armour plate. The weather in the Pacific would cause the different metal types to corrode when the plate made contact with the skin.

DBII

Managed to locate Mr Raymond Duethman who is in the above photos and was a member of the 418TH NFS he helped with the colours of his plane. Excuse the 75mm cannon top turret as they are hard programed in on the flight Sim it was made for cant get around that.
418th_FS_B-25H_SC1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back