8th Air Force gun camera footage recovered!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

filnorm

Airman
Apr 4, 2007
Dear all,
National Combat History Archive announced to finish recovering gun camera footages of many fighters of the 8th Air Force from March 1944 to May 1945! I have read the press relase but it isn't clear under what conditions this material will be availabla to general public...
Regards, Filip

I'm sorry to nick this thread, but I noticed that you are a Czech. I plan to visit Prague in the Autumn and would like to know if the area where SS Gauleiter Rudof Heydrich was attacked is still intact or has it been converted into a shipping mall or something ? Do you know ?
Thanks,
Marlin

Marlin,

Can't answer your question, but your going to like Prague. <G> Tatsiana
and I was
only there for 3 days and it wasn't near enough time to see the whole of the City.

Make sure you go to the Technical Museum and the Military Museum. Besides downtown.

Kbely, Prague Vojenske Muzeum - Exposice Letectva a Kosmonautiky (Military Museum - Air and Space Section)
Phone: 422-27-29-65
Sat-Thu 0900-1700 Fri 1430-1700
History of Czech participation in World War II and space development. They have many airframes there. Including a La-7.

Prague Narodni Technicke Muzeum (National Technical Museum)
Kostelni 42, 170 00
Phone: 373-651-9
Tue-Sun 0900-1700

Have fun.

I'm sorry to nick this thread, but I noticed that you are a Czech. I plan to visit Prague in the Autumn and would like to know if the area where SS Gauleiter Rudof Heydrich was attacked is still intact or has it been converted into a shipping mall or something ? Do you know ?
Thanks,
Marlin
I think you mean, Reinhard(?)Heydrich.

Exhibition on the Heydrich's assassination is open until August 31 in the Military Museum.
Regards, Filip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back