A copy of the He-111

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This more than answered my question. Thanks!

Why I asked: This is for my novel-in-progress involving an aviatrix-turned-spy trying to get secrets out of the Condor Legion in 1937. The first He-111s to reach Spain have just landed in Seville. She's supposed to get all the information she can about them for her SIS handlers. My idea: the Soviets (who ran much of the Republicans' security apparatus) try to hornswoggle her into delivering the information to them instead of the British. Before I started writing that, I wanted to know what the ultimate outcome might've been. It still works even if there never was a Red 111 clone; it sets up a potential recurring antagonist who can dog her through and beyond WWII.

You also may have a look at ... The He 111 and the FW 200 at Air Forces Scientific Research Institute

The Spanish copied it with the CASA 2.111.

Spain obtained licenses
That was part of it.

Having licenses and access to factory drawings and and engineer or two (or more) helped and awful lot when setting manufacture.
Don't forget, Spain was rather torn up (destroyed) by the Civil War so they took what they could get, and was easy to manufacture.
Spain was dependent on Germany for engines so disrupting whatever trade relations there were may have been counter productive.

-Last gasp of the Tu-4 was the AWACS version either built by or built for the ChiCom PLAAF. Radome on top and turboprop engines. Photo from Wiki.

Attachments

• TU_4_AWACS.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 28

Users who are viewing this thread