A model 1/72 yak 50 fighter

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

TimEwers

Airman 1st Class
Aug 28, 2010
The quality of the plastic is better than their la174 still need to trim the insides, decals still suck I just stuck with the main ones.

Wheels are the weak point of the kit especially the main gear THE canopy is also I think too small.

My first real try with a all natural metal airframe I used Vallejo air aluminum and gunmetal for the gun ports humbrol 101 mid green for the hubs and life color mat black for the wheels, funny thing Life color and Vallejo even tho both are acrylic they did not seem to like one another,the more I tried to fix it the more I messed it up but it's done.

Attachments

• Picture 1043.jpg
    Picture 1043.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 174
  • Picture 1041.jpg
    Picture 1041.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 171
  • Picture 1038.jpg
    Picture 1038.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 167
  • Picture 1039.jpg
    Picture 1039.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 157
  • Picture 1040.jpg
    Picture 1040.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 185
Not bad. Those A-model kits are a job. I'm working on a LA-250 right now.Two kinds of plastic in one kit with absolutely no fit.
Is the plastic rough or is the paint ?
Ed

Hm probably the paint job like I said My first try with all aluminum plane and my first go with Vallejo and Life color.

And I understand two kinds of plastic and no fit that is what their p59 air comet kit is, sorry to say it's not getting done anytime soon.

And wurger what do you mean by additional work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back