A new book in my library.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I picked this up for three dollars yesterday at a Goodwill thrift, first edition:

View attachment 767768

I read it about thirty years ago, it'll make a good reread.
I loved that book! I don't remember if it has Fuchida's Full Flightdeck Fantasy or not (probably). My step dad was the Registrar at a local community college. He had just seen "Midway" (1976) on TV and he asked me if it actually happened. I told him reality was better than fiction. He got this book out of the college's library a few times and a few times for me. We started bonding over the PTO of all things!

It does have Fuchida's Fantasy in it, as I remember. I'm starting it today in part because having read Shattered Sword and other, newer books, I want to see how the historiography has changed in four decades.

Here's a book I have looking for ages. I believe my dad picked it up for me in 1982 and I had it until 2001. I gave it to some young lad who had an avid interest in planes (much like I did. His parents weren't worth 5 Mexican pesos rubbed together). I always looked for it, but it has such a generic title, so a search revealed everything but the book I wanted. I was doing research last week on Japanese float planes and colors (a constant thing-very relaxing) when out of the blue, there's that darn book mentioned as a reference for some other plane. A quick search on EvilBay found the book at a very cool 8.00 and boom it's here! I am so glad to have it once again! It's old, but decent for such an old title.

Users who are viewing this thread