A NORMAL DAY IN THE OFFICE.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And finally, bringing up the rear (where else would you find a Warthog?) and in the Middle Airspace:

(If you look REALLY carefully, you'll see the RAF C-130 underneath it!!!!)

The only aeroplane to get bird-strikes from BEHIND....

Attachments

• DSC_0017LL.jpg
    DSC_0017LL.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 80
Thanks, Downwind. I'm gonna get tired of asking what these planes are.
Just the small black one. This awesome fighter looks French to me due to the colors.
It seems somewhat familiar. Hard to figure out what plane it is 'cause it's upside down.
And I'm not biting this time, Glider, no matter what. Ah, an A-10! Cool! Nice Pic!

Its a Hawk T1 (or 1A), Wildcat - mount of the Dead Sparrows, (only their ones are Red).

In Order: Tornado F3, Tornado F3 (lost, in true fighter styleé - going the 'wrong' way!), 'ork T1, Jaguar T2, C-130J and A-10.

It really does. I wonder if placing the nose gear more forward would have created a more stable platform.

It really does. I wonder if placing the nose gear more forward would have created a more stable platform.

Well it looks as though it does have a pretty far aft center of gravity, so I would suspect that it was decently balance - especially since with the tricycle gear you touch the mains first then smoothly lower the nose. It just looks so damn fragile!

Tell me about it.
What posessed them to put the landing gear in such odd places??!
Anyone in this era could have found much better ways to place the landing gear. They just messed up. I would have put the 2 main wheels in the back facing the opposite way the front wheel was. That MIGHT have helped, but it'd look stranger than the way it originally was. LOL!

Has anyone ever noticed that its always the same locales for these lo level RAF pics , the reason there are few N. American pics of the same quality is because it would take a major expedition to find the locales where similar flying takes place the Cold Lake range is 11000 sq km with no civvie traffic , Goose bay is 294000 Sq km I'm not sure about the Red Flag area but I would guess its large also . The pilots are not restricted as to routes or worried about noise abatement . In Goose the major concern with lo level flying is the migratory route of the Caribou

Has anyone ever noticed that its always the same locales for these lo level RAF pics , the reason there are few N. American pics of the same quality is because it would take a major expedition to find the locales where similar flying takes place the Cold Lake range is 11000 sq km with no civvie traffic , Goose bay is 294000 Sq km I'm not sure about the Red Flag area but I would guess its large also . The pilots are not restricted as to routes or worried about noise abatement . In Goose the major concern with lo level flying is the migratory route of the Caribou

Exactly that is also why some NATO countries also have training squadrons in the United States such as the German Luftwaffe which has Tornados based in New Mexico. They have the freedom to train in the US. There is just no room in some countries such Germany to do so without disturbing the population.

Hell the training areas we used to do our NOE and Mission training in here in Germany are so small we can fly across them in 30 minutes. We were in a helicopter now think of a high speed jet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back