A question about the Nakajima Sakai

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Papa Tango Whiskey

Airman 1st Class
Jul 9, 2016
Tulsa
I have started the 1/24 scale Trumpeter Rufe and have sort of completer the engine but for one issue. Where is the magneto cover on the reduction unit go? I have or at least think I have assembled it according to the distructions but my finished product doesn't seem to match the line drawing. On the sheet it shows the magneto cover down between two cylinders but when I get everything else dry fitted it wants to go about 15 deg left as you are facing it.

I have looked at various photos and what i find is that they vary from photo to photo. straight up, straight down, 45 deg left or 15 deg left or not at all. I could use some info if any one has some on this engine.

The magnetos are located in the back and I have no idea about the magneto cover in the front but the parts layout of the reduction unit is like this drawing.

Nakajima Ha-25 (Sakae 11).JPG

I guess it is depending on the model number extensively. I really could not put a name on the part that extends from the front cover so I will go with how the parts come together and call it good. Thanks for your help.

You are welcome, PapaTangoFoxtrot.

Basic would be -
Ha-25 for A6M2 and A6M2 Rufe.
Ha-115 for later version of Zero fighter.

Ha-115 is generally known as Sakae model 21 for the navy use with longer reduction gear case and it has certainly an extended part as the propeller pitch governor on the top of gear case.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back