Advanced French Fighters vs 1942/1943 contemporaries (3 Viewers)

That's about 39 bushels of a wey.
I was brought up on pecks, chains, apothecary drachms and ells.Not to mention knowing that there are 1,008 farthings to the guinea and my pocket money was half a crown. So am bilingual but speak and dream in metric.

But enough of this matter. I am off to treat myself to a large Janner's handbag washed down with Black Rat Perry and a pint of Slack-Ma-Girdle for the Memsahib.
 
Last edited:
I was brought up on pecks, chains, apothecary drachms and ells.Not to mention knowing that there are 1,008 farthings to the guinea and my pocket money was half a crown. So am bilingual but speak and dream in metric.

But enough of this matter. I am off to treat myself to a large Janner's handbag washed down with Black Rat Perry and a pint of Slack-Ma-Girdle for the Memsahib.

Any chance of a translation for us who are not bilingual?
 
I was brought up on pecks, chains, apothecary drachms and ells.Not to mention knowing that there are 1,008 farthings to the guinea and my pocket money was half a crown. So am bilingual but speak and dream in metric.

But enough of this matter. I am off to treat myself to a large Janner's handbag washed down with Black Rat Perry and a pint of Slack-Ma-Girdle for the Memsahib.

I too was bought up on inFerial (now called American in computing) measurements but have been using metric since the tail end of the 50's when my school started teaching metric. It is so much easier and more logical than measuring in 128ths or 256ths and having multiple gallons and ounces and miles and so many other measurements that have the same names but different values.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back