Air attacks on trains transporting Jews?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jeff Hunt

1st Lieutenant
Jul 20, 2012
Guelph Ontario Canada
Is anyone aware of any trains carrying Jewish prisoners to concentration camps being attacked from the air? If so, did it allow Jewish prisoners to escape? Just watching a show on these camps and the Nazi rail network required and it occurred to me that an attack from the air may have saved lives that were all but certain to be over .

Cheers,
Jeff

Is anyone aware of any trains carrying Jewish prisoners to concentration camps being attacked from the air? If so, did it allow Jewish prisoners to escape? Just watching a show on these camps and the Nazi rail network required and it occurred to me that an attack from the air may have saved lives that were all but certain to be over .

Cheers,
Jeff
Jeff......I don't have an answer to your question but keeping their rail system damaged was a priority target while I was there in 1945. The goal was to prevent them from being able to move troops and goods by rail. We bombed Marshalling yards as follows
02/20/45 Nurnberg
02/21 Nurnberg
02/26 Berlin (Rail Smash)
02/28 Hagen
03/1 Bruchsal
03/10 Schwerte
03/14 Minden (Railroad Bridges)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back