Air Museums

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep, just one though.

Good line up of a couple of generations of jet fighters too from T33 (OK ..I know it's a trainer) F84E Thunderjet (the earlier straight winged version of the swept wing F84F Thunderstreak) plus two Sabres, an F86F and an F86L... 2 F5s as well.

A late model Spitfire as well (not sure what mark), as well as cannons and rocket or bomb racks it had a camera window behind the cockpit.

Some good paintings and other items on display.

During WW2 the Thailand was a reluctant ally of the Japanese, at one stage towards the end while the RTAF Hayabusas were attacking USAAF B29s bombing Bangkok other members of the RTAF were smuggling allied SOE and OSS agents into Thailand and SE Asia from Ceylon and Burma

Attachments

• IMG_0860.JPG
    IMG_0860.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 54
  • Sabre F86L  F86F_01.JPG
    Sabre F86L F86F_01.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0863.JPG
    IMG_0863.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2443.JPG
    IMG_2443.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 55
I love traveling to military museums. I went to Dayton last year. I have not been to the new Air and Space wing or to the Naval Flight Museum. My father wants to go back to Dayton next year but I would like to go somewhere new. Where should I talk my father into going next summer? What is the best museum stateside?

DBII
I think the Smithsonian still ranks as the best in the nation.
The USAF museum seems pretty well stocked as well.
Out here in Seattle, we've had the Boeing Museum of Flight for about 20 years now and a few years ago they opened the Personal Courage wing, which is dedicated to those who gave their all in conflict and never came back.

Elvis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back