Air shows uk

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

JP1963

Recruit
Jan 5, 2023
which air show with old planes WW2 is the best to visit in England in 2024
Greets
JP

It would have been "Flying Legends" in July, re-located from Duxford, near Cambridge, to Church Fenton, near Leeds. However, it's just been announced that the 2024 show has been cancelled !
There are a number of UK shows throughout the "season", generally from May to September, which have a mix of current types, aerobatic displays, and "warbirds". Two of these are at Duxford, I believe in May and September as usual. And one that Karl and I have attended for the past two years is a good show at Old Buckenham in Norfolk, on the last weekend in July. This is on a former WW2 USAAF B-24 base, now a small club field, and has a great mix of "acts", with normally at least one Spitfire, Hurricanes, Catalina and B-17, P-51, P-47 plus others, and "modern" stuff, all in a non-crowed, relaxed atmosphere.
Check online for the various UK shows by looking for UK airshows, and the websites normally give details of the various participants as they are "booked".
Hope this helps.

It would have been "Flying Legends" in July, re-located from Duxford, near Cambridge, to Church Fenton, near Leeds. However, it's just been announced that the 2024 show has been cancelled !
There are a number of UK shows throughout the "season", generally from May to September, which have a mix of current types, aerobatic displays, and "warbirds". Two of these are at Duxford, I believe in May and September as usual. And one that Karl and I have attended for the past two years is a good show at Old Buckenham in Norfolk, on the last weekend in July. This is on a former WW2 USAAF B-24 base, now a small club field, and has a great mix of "acts", with normally at least one Spitfire, Hurricanes, Catalina and B-17, P-51, P-47 plus others, and "modern" stuff, all in a non-crowed, relaxed atmosphere.
Check online for the various UK shows by looking for UK airshows, and the websites normally give details of the various participants as they are "booked".
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the information I wil check it on google when and we're the shows are
I try it already now I have some names of the air shows it think it's no problem to find them
Thanks
Greets
JP from the Netherlands

Glad to help out.
Let me know when you decide which show(s) you might attend, and if possible Karl and myself can meet up with you.
We'll definitely be going to the "new" show at Sywell ( as posted elsewhere by "Rochie") on the Sunday (23rd June) and to the Old Buckenham show, again on the Sunday (28th July).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back