AirWolf

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The problem is that people that have no clue believe it. I had Coolio ask me when I flew him around Kosovo on a USO tour if we could put the helicopter in Whisper mode when we are on combat ops.

Right!!! I have been to a couple international airshows with AH-64, and had
people ask me how the "Stealth mode" works. You have to be careful and
not make them feel silly, so I would usually explain that "this particular model
doesn't really require the stealth mode, per se, but thanks for your interest."

:lol:

My favorite was the children at airshows that would ask me about the "big bombs under the wings" on my Blackhawk.

Ofcourse they are just children so I would get a friendly chuckle out of it and try and explain to them that they are external fuel tanks so that we can fly farther and that they were not bombs.

The children would then ask me if we could drop them. I would answer with yes if we have an emergency we can drop them so as to make the aircraft lighter and to have less fuel on board.

The children would then look at the sky, look at the fuel tank, look at the ground, look back up at the sky (now making a falling bomb whistle sound followed by a boom!) and then tell me "Its a bomb!"

:lol:

Children are great and all I could do was laugh and then I would let them sit in the cockpit and give them our patch and a few stickers. I loved flying up to airshows for static displays.

You look at the model of Blue Thunder closely and then tell me there is absolutely no resemblance! What about the gun at the front? Never seen that on a gazelle before. What about the cockpit? Not a gazelle cockpit. Also the nose is slightly blunted forward into a rectangular shape. Okay, the tail is wrong. So is the air intakes. But still I get pictures of Blue Thunder when I am looking up AH-64A and AH-64D Apaches so it is obvious that I am not the only one that believes that at least parts of Blue Thunder are modelled on the Apache or the other way around...

Blue Thunder was for sure a Gazelle with some major modifications to the coxkpit area and some other mods to look like a combat helo.

The turbine sound clearly identifies this helo as french-made.

You look at the model of Blue Thunder closely and then tell me there is absolutely no resemblance! What about the gun at the front? Never seen that on a gazelle before. What about the cockpit? Not a gazelle cockpit. Also the nose is slightly blunted forward into a rectangular shape. Okay, the tail is wrong. So is the air intakes. But still I get pictures of Blue Thunder when I am looking up AH-64A and AH-64D Apaches so it is obvious that I am not the only one that believes that at least parts of Blue Thunder are modelled on the Apache or the other way around...

No there is absolutely no resemblance! The Blue Thunders cockpit is wider and has more angles than an Apaches cockpit. Looks nothing like it.

Whats your point about the gun? There are plenty of aircraft out there have a gun underneath.

The Blue Thunder is a Gazelle that was modified with bolt on parts., Look it up on the internet.

You can argue with me about WW2 aircraft all day long, I am no where near an expert on WW2 aircraft but its pretty damn hard to argue with me about helicopters. I have been around them my whole life and crewed them in the Army. Ive been around Apaches for years and can tell you it looks nothing like an Apache. It looks like a Gazelle with bolt on parts which is exactly what it is because I have read the trivia up on the movie....:!:

I can see I will not win, but say what you will, parts show an influence by the AH-64A Apache. From the cockpit forward, resembles an AH-64A Apache. Without the tail the cockpit even more strongly resembles an AH-64A. I am saying that there is a resemblance there, and getting blasted for saying the truth. It looks like the cockpit was designed partly off an Apache. Okay, the tail doesn't fit, but the Gazelle has never had that sort of cockpit or a forward gun. From what I am aware Gazelles carry their guns to the side. Also when you look at it, there also seems to be standard features from the Huey Cobra although not as strong a resemblance in the forward section as the AH-64A Apache.

I can see I will not win, but say what you will, parts show an influence by the AH-64A Apache. From the cockpit forward, resembles an AH-64A Apache. Without the tail the cockpit even more strongly resembles an AH-64A. I am saying that there is a resemblance there, and getting blasted for saying the truth. It looks like the cockpit was designed partly off an Apache. Okay, the tail doesn't fit, but the Gazelle has never had that sort of cockpit or a forward gun. From what I am aware Gazelles carry their guns to the side. Also when you look at it, there also seems to be standard features from the Huey Cobra although not as strong a resemblance in the forward section as the AH-64A Apache.

OK - see below

Attachments

• blue%20thunder2.JPG
    blue%20thunder2.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Presentation1.jpg
    Presentation1.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 45

No it does not look at all like an Apache and there is no resemblance to a Cobra. Go and look at pictures of them both and you will see. No one is blasting you, just trying to point it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back