Alcohol thinners

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

109ROAMING

2nd Lieutenant
May 25, 2008
New Zealand
Hey guys!

Used alcohol thinners for the first time today thinning paint - worked bloody well

Where can I get more of this stuff? ( got given the little bit I've got left)

Also is there a downside to this stuff? sorta wondering why everyone doesn't use it?

Comments/opinions welcome

Cheers

I always use alcohol in paints, I don´t like the enamel paints because they smell gives me headache.

So I like to paint with Tamiya and Gunze paints thinned on alcohol. I use an alcohol that here in Brazil is called Alcool Isopropilico (2-propanol. CAS number 67-63-0), it is an Alcohol with 99% free of water, it is used to clean eletronics devices.

On modelling it is so useful to clean the airbrush and to thin paints.

Tamiya and Gunze I used 3 parts of alcohol with 1 of paint for general colors, works so fine. With colors like withe and yellow I use 2 parts of alcohol and 1 of paint.

Like it a lot :D :D

Best regards,

Lucas

Last edited:
In Poland the alcohol is called Spirytus and it is available in all shops that sell alcohol, I mean vodka, vine, beer etc...

thanks for the info guys - gonna have to get some more - works awesome

I've only used it with tamiya acrylics VB and **** me does it work well

Dunno about enamels ,would think proberly not?

That's true but I don't suggest using this one.Acrylic paints of a few firms don't like the thinner.As a result the paint pigments are destroyed.

I don't know what but I have already had my seven....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back