Another Korean War movie… (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

BlackSheep

Banned
May 31, 2018
Hey all,
I ran across a clip from a movie called The Battle for Lake Changjin. It is a Chinese movie depicting their participation in the Korean War from their view, I would assume, but this 12
Minute clip depicting the period immediately following the Inchon Landings comes across as almost pro-American, so yes it leaves me scratching my head, lol. My main reason for posting is because they did a good job depicting A-1s, Corsairs, and A-26s and other equipment actually used by Americans, even if McArthur's does have a definite "Asian-quality" to him, lol…

Hey all,
I ran across a clip from a movie called The Battle for Lake Changjin. It is a Chinese movie depicting their participation in the Korean War from their view, I would assume, but this 12
Minute clip depicting the period immediately following the Inchon Landings comes across as almost pro-American, so yes it leaves me scratching my head, lol. My main reason for posting is because they did a good job depicting A-1s, Corsairs, and A-26s and other equipment actually used by Americans, even if McArthur's does have a definite "Asian-quality" to him, lol…

They neatly sidestep the fact that it was their ally, North Korea that attacked South Korea and started the conflict.
BTW, the Chinese refer to the Chosin Reservoir as the Changiin Reservoir or Lake Changiin. Different maps, different names.

Here is the real MacArthur:

Attachments

• Gen of the Army Douglas A. MacArthur and Aide -Tokyo, Japan 1950.jpg
    Gen of the Army Douglas A. MacArthur and Aide -Tokyo, Japan 1950.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 17
They neatly sidestep the fact that it was their ally, North Korea that attacked South Korea and started the conflict.
BTW, the Chinese refer to the Chosin Reservoir as the Changiin Reservoir or Lake Changiin. Different maps, different names.

Here is the real MacArthur:
They sure like to pack a lot onto the screen, don't they? Look at all those ships and the attacking Corsairs look like you could walk from wing to wing, not to mention, the precision bombing, no hut or oz-cart can escape. 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back