Antonov-2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

dtpeng

Airman
Oct 21, 2011
In this picture, what function for the two tubes ?
1 is generator blast tube ?
2 is air pump blast tube ?
Anyone has An-2 Maintenance Manual (In English
21_105338_47b7930d92e88a8.jpg

Hi,
I will need to check but on our Yak-11, one supplies cold air to the generator and the other cold air to the magnetos, both of which get very hot and suffer as a result. The Yak-11 uses a Shvetsov ASh-21 seven-cylinder radial, the An-2 (as you know) an ASh-62IR nine-cylinder radial of very similar design and layout to the ASh-21. I have manuals for this aircraft (An-2) and will have a look.
Cheers,
John

Hi dtpeng!
I have looked all through the An-2 manuals and it doesn't show or specifically mention either of these intakes however the generator definitely has a cold air duct on the rear end which on our Yak-11 is fed cold air from an intake in the cowling EXACTLY like No.1 above. I have seen a couple of pictures of an undressed ASh-62 engine and intake No.2 goes into a small cowling around the exhaust. I am pretty sure this is not the heat exchanger used for cabin heating which I think is the intake duct in the white feature you can see just in front of the exhaust pipe. I think it is a warm air feature for something behind the engine, perhaps carb heating? I am not sure about this because the Yak-11 is injection not carburettor. I am afraid you will need to find someone who knows more about An-2s! Sorry! John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back