AVRO Lancaster Engine Spinner Details

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

VintageIron

Airman
Aug 10, 2020
Hello and thanks for taking time to read this.

Would anyone know of a source for the dimensions for the Rolls Royce engine spinners/"nose cones" for the Lancaster? The dimensions for spinners for the Rolls engines on the Mosquito would also work.

Thank you!
Lancasterenginenosecones.jpg

If you are looking for just diameter and length, then I may be able to help you when one of the spinners for FM159 in Nanton, Alberta is off. If you are looking for the contour shape as well then I won't have that info.

We also have two Mosquito spinners crated and in storage so access is some time away. I checked my Mosquito drawings and those for the spinner are extremely poor quality and unhelpful:

Capture.JPG

If you are looking for just diameter and length, then I may be able to help you when one of the spinners for FM159 in Nanton, Alberta is off. If you are looking for the contour shape as well then I won't have that info.

We also have two Mosquito spinners crated and in storage so access is some time away. I checked my Mosquito drawings and those for the spinner are extremely poor quality and unhelpful:

View attachment 591534

Hello and thank you very much for your reply!

Yes, I am more interested in the contour information, but again, I appreciate your time taken to reply.
Also, thank you for your preservation efforts!

That makes things much more difficult. Getting a proper drawing is your best bet. A.L. Bentley are known for producing accurate ones.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back