Avro Lancaster stalled build question

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

vandee

Senior Airman
Aug 21, 2019
Hello I started an older 1/72 Airfix Avro Lancaster about a year ago. It is the 8000 series Dambuster. All was
going well until I cut the gear leg off the sprue. The plastic was so brittle that it snapped into pieces. I glued it
back together and it broke again. I have asked at another site in their "spares" area but get no responses. I am
almost sure Airfix doesn't have this in stock. Where can I find one, part 104 left gear leg, or a trashed kit or better
yet one from a trashed kit. I also need to find decals, the kits are trash, old. Does any after market company make
Dambuster 1/72 decals for J for Johnny? Thanks for any help. John

Last edited:
A such damage should be easy to fix. Could you post a pic of the damaged part with all its pieces? What kind of glue did you use for fixing that?

The leg no longer exists. I binned the offensive part! Thanks for the decal information. John

Curious, is that metal leg for both Airfix kits? The older kit and the new mold kit also? John

Thanks, I googled and looked at the image again. Then I went to my downloads, I had the
PDF file for the new mold Lancaster assembly instructions. The metal replacements are for
the new mold Lancaster not my old 8000 version from the 80s. I don't know if they could be
modified to fit the old mold version. John

I believe I found the answer to my dilemma. I am going to purchase another 1/72 series 8 Airfix Avro
Lancaster and do that one wheels up on a stand. Maybe with the bomb bay open. That will give
me the leg I need to finish my Airfix stalled dam buster kit. John

Users who are viewing this thread