B-17 G 1:48 scale, 351st Bomb Group, 510th Squadron, AC# 43-37862, Fearless Fosdick

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I was able to get more done over the weekend. Oxygen bottles are almost done. One more thin coat of yellow before I add the bands and nipples on the ends. After consulting further images, I've built up the area under the flight deck to more closely resemble the photos I've seen. I also discovered that there were two shelves for equipment side by side under the flight deck. The more forward one was longer and had a door that went to a manual latch that I think went to the bomb bay doors but I'm not sure. I need to reread that part. Anyway, here are a few photos to chronicle my efforts. Thanks George for the reference material. It has been very helpful.

More scratch building. This time I added in another oxygen tank with and made another correction to the side of the compartment. I also built up some kind of regulation system I don't know the name of at the moment. Built it once and realized it was too large so I scaled it down. Looks better now.

Thanks...

Users who are viewing this thread