B-17F "Canadian Club"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

krswen

Recruit
Oct 14, 2016
Was in 390th Bomb Group, 568th Bomb Squadron. Flak damaged 1/21/1944. Tail number 42-3427. I am trying to locate photos for the family of the pilot: James Waggoner.

Ken

Hello Ken and welcome to the forum. This is from the book "B-17 Nose Art Name Directory". The "No" beside the arrow indicates whether there is a photo of the aircraft. However, the book was published in 1996 so something may have turned up since. This turned out to be the case of a B-24 we were looking for a few weeks ago. The B-24 book said no and we found 2. I'll have a look through my books.

upload_2018-1-22_15-1-47.png

You guys are awesome! Thanks.

Ken

Dear all on this thread - thank you so very much for this post. My grandfather, John Harms (evadee), was the navigator on Canadian Club and though I know his story, I had never seen a photo of the plane. With tears in my eyes, I am so very grateful for those of you working to keep the memories of these brave men alive.

Dear all on this thread - thank you so very much for this post. My grandfather, John Harms (evadee), was the navigator on Canadian Club and though I know his story, I had never seen a photo of the plane. With tears in my eyes, I am so very grateful for those of you working to keep the memories of these brave men alive.

You guys are awesome! Thanks.

Ken

I am the nephew of Jerome McLaughlin, the Bombardier on this plane and he was captured following bailing out of the B-17. He was a great man who actually was recalled and flew one mission in Korea. I got a picture of the plane from a different source and had a canvas with the crew inset made. Attached is a photo version. Jerry was the last of my mothers family and passed away earlier this year. Anyone knowing the family of the other crew members I would love to hear from you. I am attaching a picture of the one I had made. Joe Maun

B17 Jerome McLaughlin.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I too am glad this thread is still active. I started it after I bought a navigation aid from the family on ebay a number of years ago. It was a forerunner of the modern E6B calculator. I had planned to clean it up a bit and donate it to the National Museum of the Mighty Eighth in Pooler Ga (if you've never been you need to go!). But, if a family member would like it back I would be honored to return it. Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back