B-24 / B-25 / PBJ (2 Viewers)

Nah, I could paint a three-color camo scheme on the B-25... but I'd need someone to send me references or show me an example.
 
Still trying to decipher the inscription there. The longer I look at it the more getting convinced there is .... SUITABLE YOUR APPLICATION. Certainly I may be wrong but ...

View attachment 896355

I do not know if that has been solved but that decal is SUITABLE FOR AROMATICS. It was on most USAAF aircraft later in the war.

It relates to the fuel system which on earlier aircraft contained materials that were damaged by aromatic fuels - that is fuels containing benzene and similar additives to boost the octane rating.
 
I do not know if that has been solved but that decal is SUITABLE FOR AROMATICS. It was on most USAAF aircraft later in the war.

It relates to the fuel system which on earlier aircraft contained materials that were damaged by aromatic fuels - that is fuels containing benzene and similar additives to boost the octane rating.


Yes it has been done by Maty12 a couple of post later. But THX for your input. :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back