B-25 for sale in Argentina

CATCH 22

Tech Sergeant
2,062
4,498
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Location
Canada
An interesting story about the restoration and history of this "Mitchell". Caught my eye because Argentina has never used B-25 for military purposes in a difference to some neighboring Latin American countries. 3 B-25 have been sold to private owners though.
B-25 ‘Huaira Bajo’ For Sale After Near-Full Restoration.png
 
Let's do a forum whip around; I've got 0.84¢. Don and Jan could sell off their stashes to cover the rest
 
I notice the nose art used Betty Boop.
 
Not sure if this helps, but I found this on the internet regarding Argentina's use of B-25's in WW2, as well as two examples being restored. Perhaps Argentina had airmen who flew with the Allies, like Mexico and Brazil. I have the William Wolf book on the B-25, and I can look to see if there is any mention of Argentina flying Mitchells in WW2.
Mike

Argentina had North American B-25 Mitchell bombers during World War II. The B-25 was a twin-engine bomber that was used in every theater of war.

Argentina's B-25s during World War II
  • Argentina had B-25 Mitchell bombers during World War II.

  • One B-25, 44-31173, was being restored to flightworthiness by Gustavo M. Passano and his team.

  • Another B-25, LV-GXH, was abandoned in a remote town in northern Argentina and was being restored to flying condition.
 
Not sure if this helps, but I found this on the internet regarding Argentina's use of B-25's in WW2, as well as two examples being restored. Perhaps Argentina had airmen who flew with the Allies, like Mexico and Brazil. I have the William Wolf book on the B-25, and I can look to see if there is any mention of Argentina flying Mitchells in WW2.
Mike

Argentina had North American B-25 Mitchell bombers during World War II. The B-25 was a twin-engine bomber that was used in every theater of war.

Argentina's B-25s during World War II
  • Argentina had B-25 Mitchell bombers during World War II.

  • One B-25, 44-31173, was being restored to flightworthiness by Gustavo M. Passano and his team.

  • Another B-25, LV-GXH, was abandoned in a remote town in northern Argentina and was being restored to flying condition.
I don't know where is your information from but it's incorrect. Argentina (or Argentinians) used B-25 post WWII only. The 3 "Mitchells" sold to private hands are:
44-31173 LV-GXH - the a/c in question and for sale (also reported in some sources as 44-31172)
44-31318 LV-PWE
44-31498 LV-GJX
All 3 have been sold in the 60s to private owners, not to the state! They were from US surplus sales.
 
This reminds me of the B-25 Charles was keeping an eye on back on the east coast several years back.

Wonder what ever happened to that ship.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back