The pilot who flew the B-25 used by Jimmy Doolittle as his personal hack ride to the boneyard said that it was a later one that had been modified with the collector ring exhausts in order to make it quieter.
The platform of this forum does not allow tifs to be attached - I sent you a PM with a download link for your convenience.
Check what can be useful for you.
Cheers!
Hi Yves, I can't find the link to those TIF files now. If you can resend the web site, I'll send you the PNG versions. Or email the link to me: [email protected].
Hi Yves, I can't find the link to those TIF files now. If you can resend the web site, I'll send you the PNG versions. Or email the link to me: [email protected].
This is the factory data for all the bulkheads for the B-25A though to the B-25G. The B-25H & J had the horizontal stabilizer raised 7", with the corresponding changes to the rear bulkheads and their widening starting at Station 558.75 for the tail turret installation. The attached book is the best for correct factory data.
The B-25H & J had the horizontal stabilizer raised 7", with the corresponding changes to the rear bulkheads and their widening starting at Station 558.75 for the tail turret installation. The attached book is the best for correct factory data.
Not part of this thread but just to add it as a note: the different ("fat") fuselage of H/J model starts changing @ station 304. Between stations 70 and 304ALL B-25 variants and blocks are the same. The 7" difference in the depth, quoted by many authors and modellers, should be at station 490.5. I couldn't verify the latter statement but as per the above drawing (Fuselage Ordinates) the height of the earlier B-25 & station 490.5 is 59.12". BTW Norm Avery has simplified ordinates-tables on page 160 in the above mentioned book ("The B-25 Bible").
Years ago I did a comparison between B-25B/C/D/G and B-25H/J fuselages, using some simplified drawings from Avery's book. Never came to the "mythic" 7" difference (see below my dimensions @ 490.5; 59.12" is rounded by AutoCAD to 59 1/4"). Of course using scans of prints of copies of....I don't know what, is never the best way to find the truth. Maybe the 7"-difference is at a different station?
Later started a complete new drawing based on the above table and ordinates but didn't finish it. It's never too late though...
Cheers!