Belated Hello

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rogthedodge

Airman 1st Class
May 9, 2007
Sorry forgot the etiquette and only just saw this section:

Hello!

Glad to find a forum where there's a wealth of knowledge and a decent standard of debate on matters of military history. My main interest is military history in general - Vietnam started me off, and now it's a general obsession (according to my girlfriend!, I call it unpaid research).

I started with Vietnam as there were many great books out at the time in paperback, read a lot on WW2 and now am reading much on WW1 - I'm firmly a 'revisionist' (more 'Forgotten Victory' than 'Lions Led By Donkeys') and consider that period to be my country's (and the Empire's) finest (and worst) 'hour'.

Looking forward to discussing / learning lots on here and as long as no-one mentions Manchester's 'other' football team I hope to be able to contribute / discuss things in a fairly rational manner

R
(CTID)

Thanks

PS you prompted me to edit my post - stupidly I forgot the Empire* contribution in my WW1 comment.

* no offence, just historically pedantic that's me!

Welcome to the forum. Many of us have familiy who were in Vietnam. My brother was a 2 tour vet, 67-69

Users who are viewing this thread

Back