Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ju-88

• He 177

• Other

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is funny when an American has to correct an Englishman on his spelling of his own language.

joke's on you, in correcting our "typos", you made one yourself, it was the Do-17, not the do-17...............
Joke's on you, in correcting our typographical errors/"typos,"/, you made one yourself, it was called the Dornier Do-17, not the do-17... is the correct version of that sentence (yes, Joke's does INDEED have an apostrophe as it's an abbreviated version of the words "The joke is...") and yes, plan_D, it is quite humorous when a Brazilian-Dutchman corrects an Englishman's English (it's even funnier when you find out that English is my second language technically, as I learned Portugese first-which I taught myself how to read and write in, i may add-but in actual reading, writing and speech, it is my first language indeed)

I know, I finally used my vote after being swayed to the B-29. Although I was already thinking the B-29 was better.

The B-29 (although not my favorite) was the best bomber of the war. No other bomber could match its combination of speed, range, payload, and defensive firepower.

We are comparing two bombers that are very differnt, and the B-29 was developed after the Lancaster. My vote was with the B-24, yes it is very fa behind and was to be replaced by the B-29s, but the B-24 made all that B-29 stuff posible. With out the B-24 in the PTO preparing the way it would have been a lot worse.

The B-24 was certainly the most important American bomber and quite possibility the most important Allied bomber. But the fact remains that the B-29 was the BEST bomber to see service during the war. And I never even really liked the B-29!

I like the B-24 more than the B-29 as well, but as Lightning said the B-29 was the best bomber to see service.

Plan_D, that is a nice B-24 pic. Is it a J model? I am surprised you would change your sig pic, but thanks.

As for all this talk of the B-29 yes is probable was the better, but it was also newer. Well I am just overly passionate for the b-24, maybe like Lanc :) thanks for the good Liberator support, it has been slow in comming.

Question, would the B-29 be the best if it did not have the P-47 and P-51 escourts?

I think it is the J, I don't actually know. :lol:

I've changed my sig twice now, first it was a Spitfire in American markings, then a Swallow, and now the Liberator.
Yes, the B-29 still would be the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back