Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Corsair

• ME110

• JU88

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hurricane was never equipped with radar. I think to qualify as a night fighter a plane should have some means of locating a target at night other than the pilot's eyes. The Hurricane was a virtually stock dayfighter simply being flown at night.

The Hurricane was still a night fighter, it flew at night, it was a fighter..therefore it was a night fighter :lol:

Well anything that didn't carry radar was hardly going to be an effective night fighter. The P-38M would have been a fine nightfighter if it had seen action (aopparenlty a few enter service just before the war ended but I don't know of any interceptions). There were some field modified P-38s that got into service down in the South Pacific. Two of the machine guns were moved forward and a radar set was squeezed in between the cockpit and the guns. Again, I don't know of any interceptions they actually made.

I don't know about the French planes being crap, they did shoot down quite a few Ju52 and Ju-87s, plus the fact the Germans used a few after the capture of France. Maybe it was just the pilots.

Yes, but the Germans did apparently use a few, just like they did with the French tanks. If not only for a short time before passing them on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back