Bf 109E-7 fuel circuit ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

le_steph40

Chief Master Sergeant
Jan 18, 2011
Montech
www.facebook.com
Hello,

I hope to be in the right place for this question...
I'm wondering if the circuit of the additional fuel tank on the Bf 109E-7 goes through the right side of the cockpit (as F, G, models) ?
TIA 🙂
Stéph

Hi Steph !
I'm back on this forum.
The only 1/32 scale model I have built is a 109 E7 from Eduard (10 years ago). In the cockpit, the gasoline tube does not appear on the right side (which is generally yellow).

@+

Attachments

• DSCN6290.modR.jpg
    DSCN6290.modR.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 71
Hi Steph !
I'm back on this forum.
The only 1/32 scale model I have built is a 109 E7 from Eduard (10 years ago). In the cockpit, the gasoline tube does not appear on the right side (which is generally yellow).

@+

Hello Pascal,
I did it the same thing, I looked at the Eduard model kits and instructions and I didn't see any fuel line in the cockpit. But I read somewhere in my docs that this fuel circuit was in use for all Bf 109s with additional drop tanks... It's the thing that made me ask myself the question: "why we don't see this fuel line in the Bf 109E-7 model kits ?"

According to the Wiki ...
Fuel from the drop tank was pumped to the internal fuel tank via a large fuel line that ran up and along the inside starboard wall of the cockpit, with a clear sight glass located in the fuel line's main span so the pilot could easily see the flow of fuel and know when the tank was empty.

Hello Wojtek,
Good find, I didn't think to search on the Wiki... 😁
Thanks and this confirm what I had read somewhere in my docs 🙂

Those are not E models. This pic is from an E manual found on this site. The bomb panel might indicate an E-7 or retrofitted earlier model. I don't think I see any fuel lines there.

Capture.JPG

Those are not E models. This pic is from an E manual found on this site. The bomb panel might indicate an E-7 or retrofitted earlier model. I don't think I see any fuel lines there.

View attachment 650158
Hi Guys!

Sorry I'm new in this forum, but this time I'm working on an Eduard 1/48 scale Emil. I did some investigation about E4/7 models. There was the fuel line on the right side of the cockpit on the E7 model. This models can equip external fuel tank.

bf109E-7 Kabinen Detaile a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the graphic of the bf-109 E7 cockpit in the IL-2 Sturmovik WWII flight simulator. I think it's not absolutely accurate, but it can be a starting point too.
CHT_IZ0UsAA4wlw.jpeg

This fuel line on the right side appears in Galland's Bf-109 E4/7 cockpit, under the canopy.
e12a79b1f0ff4552b3049548d7415801.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back