Question about control system of Bf-109E

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

jun

Recruit
Dec 27, 2023
Hello. Thank you for your detailed explanation of JG54 last time. This time, I would like to ask you a question about the control system of BF 109E. It is said that aircraft before the jet moved the control surface using cables rather than hydraulic pressure, but did BF-109 also use cables and pulleys instead of hydraulic pressure?

Yes, like other aircraft of the period the BF-109 used cables, pulleys, and pushrods with bellcranks to move control services. Drawings below are for an A6M3 Zero. Hydraulically operated controls were actually quite rare in WW2. The later models of the P-38L had hydraulically boosted ailerons but it was just about the only fighter to use that approach. The Me-262 sure could have used that!
HampDesignAnal-10.jpg

Hamp22.jpg

예, 당시의 다른 항공기와 마찬가지로 BF-109는 제어 서비스를 이동하기 위해 벨크랭크가 있는 케이블, 도르래 및 푸시로드를 사용했습니다. 아래 그림은 A6M3 Zero에 대한 것입니다. 유압식으로 작동되는 제어 장치는 실제로 2차 세계 대전 당시에는 매우 드물었습니다. P-38L의 후기 모델에는 수력학적으로 부스트된 에일러론이 있었지만 이 접근 방식을 사용한 유일한 전투기였습니다. Me-262는 확실히 그것을 사용할 수 있었습니다! View attachment 767090

View attachment 767089
Thank you!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back