Bf-109G-6 at Hangar 10

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just had a look at their website - apart from a great collection of other warbirds, they also have a Bf109G-14, and a Buchon with the original style 2 seat canopies.
Hmm - revision of 2019 visits may be required !

Yep. And the G-14 Is powered by a DB as well. I wasn't aware of this place until recent posts were made on FB.

2019 pencilled in!

Might be a bit tricky to get to, as the island of Usedom is a bit east, not far from Peenemunde, which is located to the north and slightly west. Nearest international airport is probably either Hamburg or Hannover, although I'd need to check, but could be an interesting tour, with the Hangar 10 collection and the museum at Peenemunde.

I think Berlin would be the closest.

Capture.JPG

Very possibly, or perhaps northern Poland.
There are actually flights from Manchester and London Heathrow direct to Heringsdorf airfield, where Hangar 10 is located, but nothing showing for summer time yet.

Wow! That's Usedom? Last time I was there it was a barren place with a few East German wrecks lying about! I travelled up from Berlin, which is easy reach on the train if you don't have a vehicle. The plus being you get to spend more time there, which is a great place with cool aviation themed museums.

And parked right across from a blue nosed (352nd FG) Mustang, too. I'd love to listen in on their conversations, when no people are around. ;)

-Irish

Users who are viewing this thread

Back