Bf-110C wing radiator armor. There or not

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

IronGear

Recruit
Sep 19, 2021
Hello! As my first thread and post on this website, I wanted to ask if anyone knows if the two armor plates below/above the radiator set on the wings were present on the Bf-110C or appeared in a previous version. I swear those were present previously for the C4 (on the game war thunder when it had the C4, now replaced by the C7) or did I only get a bad case of mandela effect?

Wishes everyone a good day

Welcome aboard. A quick glance through my references (Vasco's 110C/D/E book and the Kagero series) did not reveal an answer. Was not aware of such armour plates til you mentioned them. Any pics?

British examination of crashed and captured examples catalogued a significant increase in armour from July '40 to Nov '42 -- but no radiator plates.

The first crash of a Me 210 was examined Sep '42 and the above/below radiator armour was noted.

Armoured strips for radiator was first found on an Me 109 (ground attack Emil) in the Middle East, Nov '42.

Armoured strips for radiator was first found on an Me 109 (ground attack Emil) in the Middle East, Nov '42.
Probably an E-7/U1 or /U2 then. U1 just had radiator armor, U2 probaly had the whole underbelly armored, from engine to fuel tank at the rear end of the cabin + rad armor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back