Big mistake

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Those are some great pictures. Man, what a way to treat 'em! :confused:
At least that Lanc is getting a fitting home. Thanks for the link.

i can't beleive it, a couple in England own a actual lancaster cockpit with original fittings but now they have to sell it (didn't say why) and the only serious bid they've had is from a german company, they want to blow it up for a film.............

theres a a good chunk of a mock lancaster in this museum, cockpit, and fusalge, it was used in a movie. A lancs cockpit isnt very big, the whole lancaster inside is pretty small and crude. I wouldnt want to be one of the crew in a lancaster.

true that... a B-17 isnt bad inside though, and it has lots of guns. What fighter would you want to be in?

mosquitoman said:
Are there any B-26 Marauders left? I haven't heard about any anywhere

Yes there is one in South Florida and I'm not sure but I think there is one in Seattle. If there are two they are both flyable. Sorry I can't be more definitive I saw them in two seperate documentarys just recently and about the same time I heard that one of the places had monetary problems so it could be one that got a new owner.

I'd go with a P-38 too.

Are there any B-26 Marauders left? I haven't heard about any anywhere

there is one in alaska that crashed over the alaska highway. IT wasnt recovred until 1972 and what there was left of it wasnt pretty the whole nose was smashed off no engines ect... they restored it to flying condition.

awel its jus the cockpit, they melted real lancasters to make pans out of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back