Blohm & Voss BV141 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Snautzer01

Honourably banned
Mar 26, 2007

1629458159607.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This appears to be an in between version with the horizontal stabilizer of the prototype, but the updated crew cabin of the production model.

Yup, it's likely one of the A model aircraft, the Versuchs prototypes, which translated to the A models, Bv 141 V4 being the A-0 model had the original hori stab layout.

I initially thought this might be a newish photo, being for sale on eBay... however, I had a flick through the Valiant publication BV 141 Technical Guide, and found the same photo on page 12, which the authors claim is BV-141B-04 (V12) NC+RC taking off. I did a quick "tweak" in Photoshop, and that's definitely not a "C" , more likely an E or an F, which would make it either the Bv-141B-06 (V14) NC+RE or Bv141B-07 (V15) NC+RF.

s-l1600-2-3.jpg

I initially thought this might be a newish photo, being for sale on eBay... however, I had a flick through the Valiant publication BV 141 Technical Guide, and found the same photo on page 12, which the authors claim is BV-141B-04 (V12) NC+RC taking off. I did a quick "tweak" in Photoshop, and that's definitely not a "C" , more likely an E or an F, which would make it either the Bv-141B-06 (V14) NC+RE or Bv141B-07 (V15) NC+RF.

We're referring to this one. Compare the hori stab positions between the two aircraft.

View attachment 638639

Users who are viewing this thread

Back