Bombardier's Checklist

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

billrunnels

Distinguished Member
B-17 Bombardier
8AF, 303bg, 360bs
Oct 13, 2017
Minnesota, USA
The Photo is from the BIF (Bombardier's Information File )

This will give you some idea of what the Bombardier was doing at each phase of a mission.
20180703_234234.jpg

So that's how they kept you out of trouble, eh? Keep you busy every step of the way. :) When you consider everything from before you reached cruising altitude to after you started your descent was done in WAY below zero temperatures, I'm sure you very quickly got good at doing a good part of that checklist with your gloves on, so it's even MORE impressive.

-Irish

So that's how they kept you out of trouble, eh? Keep you busy every step of the way. :) When you consider everything from before you reached cruising altitude to after you started your descent was done in WAY below zero temperatures, I'm sure you very quickly got good at doing a good part of that checklist with your gloves on, so it's even MORE impressive.

-Irish
We had silk glove liners so I could remove the gloves when necessary. The liners protected my skin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back