Boulton Paul Power Turrets

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My good God! Where on this earth did you find such a treasure trove of information like this? I thought I had bragging rights when I was (very) fortunate to gain access to the RAF's sole Defiant & took several detailed photos of both the front cockpit & rear turret interiors. That is, until this was posted. Great job! The literature really helped to clarify a lot about the inner workings of the turret.
As an aside, I didn't pay much attention to the silhouettes of those P-47s until you calked it out. Good question!
Gary

Well here it is at last - not finished so I will replace it when it is done which could be a month or two as many of the pages are what is politely called sexually distressed.
Like this one which is 450w x 333 high so cannot be scanned in a single pass on my A3 scanner. Thank the fates for Irfanview which allows me to graft pages easily.

I am chasing other sources to get copies for the damaged pages and the first one I bought is nice clean photocopies done black and white with an A4 copier of less than half the manual. The original pages are 205 x 333. A4 is 210 x 297 so the result is many of the pages are useless like this one. The rest are missing tops and bottoms but have provided some good pages after I attacked them with Irfanview and GIMP and grafted the missing text back on.

I did my dough as they say.

The pages are watermarked to prevent theft by a certain scumbag web site that is or was selling manuals I posted here for members and others to enjoy free.

Attachments

• Chapter 1 Section 15 Turrets interim.pdf
    7.4 MB · Views: 168

Users who are viewing this thread